Thursday, December 17, 2009

Justin and Julia...

So over the weekend I decided to rent Julie and Julia and test some new recipes for Christmas! I had so much fun ! I never thought being alone watching a movie and cooking Christmas cookies and candies would be so much fun by yourself lol...anywho the movie was fantastic! once again meryl streep blew the roll of julia child out of the water. i remember watching julia child as a kid and she was so funny. meryl has received golden globes noms for playing the roll of julia child! way to go! can you imagine going through over 500 recipes daily for a year? amazing! i have made the boeuf bourguignon and its fabulous! pretty pricey to make though but well worth it. so like i was saying ...as i was watching this movie i was testing new recipes for Christmas...i made 12 dozen cookies including chocolate chip, white chocolate, peanut butter, snickerdoodles, etc etc, 12 lbs of fudge (thanks kendra once again for that divine recipe) also including peanut butter, chocolate/white chocolate swirl, etc etc and a triple layer carrot cake! now i have all the sweet recipes i want to make this weekend im going to try some appetizer recipes! any good ideas let me know! ok im done for right this second...until next time !

1 comment:

  1. omg yummy!!! Christmas cookies are the best! I loved Julie and Julia too!! I always put on lovely movies and bake! It's one of the things I do when I'm stressed. My favorite baking movie is Chocolat!

    ReplyDelete